The uprights are removable and can be interchanged between a decaleur receiver for a Randonneur-style handlebar bag and a tombstone loop for a basket or other luggage.
When disassembled, it can fold almost completely flat - which is really useful for travel where space is at a premium.
The Flat Pack Rack mounts to the fork crown using a little do-dad we call a Foot. This beefy mount sits flat against the fork crown and is also mounted to a daruma-style receiver, so it can slide up or down and in and out depending on your clearance needs.
The lower portion of the stays are curved in such a way that they can mount flush on the side of your fork's blades.
Additionally, the front of the rack features a braze-on for a light mount.
The kit includes all the hardware you need to install the rack on most bikes:
- Four aluminum alloy stays - use two for a weight capacity of 12 lbs or use all four for a weight capacity of up to 17 lbs.
- Five daruma assemblies
- Decaleur receiver
- Foot with M6 bolt, washer, and nylock nut
- Screws for fork mounting
- Platform size: 27.5cm x 20.3cm
- Weight (including all hardware): 708g
- Material: Stainless steel platform, backstop, and mounting hardware. Aluminum alloy stays and daruma.
- Weight capacity: 12lbs with two stays / 17lbs with all four stays
- Finish: Available in Polished Silver and Noir
Installation instructions can be found here.