- New updated design with Rubber expanding collet.
- This BB is for Shimano™ Hollowtech II steel spindle road cranks only.
- Designed precisely to Shimano bearing stance & chain line spec.
- Forged & machined heat-treated 7075 T6 Aluminum
- For 68MM BB30, PF30, and Specialized Road frames
- Not for BB30a, BBRight, BB386EVO, BB86, BB92 frames
- Steel version:Enduro 2437
- Ceramic Version: Enduro 2437 Angular contact, Grade5 balls, ABEC5
- 68mm version cannot be used for MTB Cranks
- Updated Rubber expanding Collet design | Patented Pending
- “Rubber Collet” drive cup expansion for wiggle-free press
- Non-Drive O-Ring compensates for frame width discrepancies
THIS IS NOT AN ADAPTOR: Praxis' industry leading conversion BB is a full proper bottom bracket for installing either Shimano™, SRAM GXP, or Campy Ultra Torque cranks in either BB30, PF30, or Specialized’s OSBB frames.
Our patented collet design keeps the cartridge bearings outboard of the frame right on spec for greater rigidity and free of frame/c-clip tolerance issues that other systems deal with. Simply press in the longer Non Drive Cup, then the shorter drive cup threads into it. As the Drive cup threads in, our trademark Praxis Collet system expands to a precise machined limit evenly dispersing pressure for a super tight fit.
With both cups connected and our collet set exactly to spec, there is no chance the bearings can come out of alignment or walk out of the frame. This design also uses a compressible o-ring on the non-drive side cup to compensate for frame shell width discrepancies.
THE PRAXIS PATENTED COLLET : This greatly reduces the chances for creaking and other unwanted noises associated with the lesser “Band Aid/Spacer” type adaptors in the market. The cartridge bearings included with the Shimano and SRAM version are high quality steel with shield type quad-ring seals. Available in either 68mm for road, or 73mm for MTB, the Praxis Works BB is the most rock-solid Conversion BB available.